The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing start-ups, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including air conditioning, electric motors, compressors, intake and exhaust fans.
Position Location: Tulsa, OK
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Tie workflow to schedule.
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports; ensure paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automation systems.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Build positive relationships with customers and confidence in the company.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Technical degree or Journeyman’s License (EPA Certification a plus).
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, must be willing to travel.
- Good understanding of basic refrigeration cycle to include identifying component in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot.
- Good understanding of basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits.
- Ability to read basic wiring diagrams.
- Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current ad resistance values.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical control circuits and power wiring.