Indoor air quality (IAQ) is just as important in unoccupied buildings as it is in those with personnel. The equipment inside control rooms is costly and often sensitive to dust and other particulates in the environment.
ASHRAE standards for many industrial areas recommend outside air to be filtered at a minimum with 30% dust spot efficiency (MERV 8) pre-filters and 85%–90% (MERV 11-14) final filters.
To help meet those recommendations and combat ingress of contaminants, we offer several types of filters. In fact, we also offer condenser air inlet filters that help protect the condenser section in areas where large debris is prevalent.
- Particulate filtration
- Chemical filtration
- Centrifugal dust/moisture filters
- Condenser inlet debris filtration
Particulate filtration efficiency is denoted by a minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) standardized in ASHRAE 52.5.
- Standard return air filter is an aluminum framed washable foam filter with a MERV rating of approximately 4-5.
- Standard outside air filtration is a disposable 2” MERV 8 pleated filter
These filters are typically used as final outside air filters placed in the airstream after our standard filters.
- 4” MERV 11 pleated filters
- 4" MERV 14 pleated filters
- 6” MERV 14 rigid box filters (Riga-Flo)
- Bag filters rated MERV 14-16
- HEPA filters
Available for InPac and InPac pressurization systems, Specific Systems chemical filter option can be used for commercial applications, industrial applications, manufacturing facilities, or any other applications where the control of gaseous contaminants may be a concern. The Specific Systems ChemPac is an excellent choice for ventilation air correction in areas of non-attainment per ASHRAE Standard 62.
Each Specific Systems ChemPac chemical filter housing includes:
- Standard 2" Farr 30/30 (MERV 8) pre-filter and 4" Farr 30/30 (MERV 8) final filter.
- Service access doors on the back of the unit for convenient access, sealed with stainless-steel fasteners.
- Heavy-duty, industrial grade door gaskets to ensure door-to-filter seal.
- Felt-lined slide tracks of anodized aluminum construction for ease of service and corrosion resistance.
Learn more about Chemical Filtration.
For applications where sand, coal, saw dust, fibers, or rain are present around your HVAC system or its pressurization air inlet, a centrifugal spin filter is an effective solution. The design of the filters allows them to be self-cleaning, making them perfectly suited to areas heavy in airborne contaminants.
Generally located inside the InPac systems filter cabinet, the spin filters are usually attached to an additional set of direct drive blowers that force air through them. The additional airflow helps to overcome the pressure drop while allowing the spin filters to operate at the maximum possible efficiency.
Specific Systems Spin Filter modules are compact, high-density molded polypropylene blocks containing 54 tubes with stationary air spinners. By imparting high radial velocity to the dirty input air, the resulting centrifugal force hurls dirt particles and water to the periphery of the tube. Approximately 90% of the input air passes easily through the clean core at the center of each tube. Water on the surface and dirt concentrated in the 10% periphery air is withdrawn and bled through the slots on each tube. Dirt particles on the walls of the cleaner provide a self-cleaning action, preventing dirt from accumulating in the bleed slots and thus guarding against plugged discharge openings.
- Manufactured using low-pressure transfer-injection technology, eliminating molded-in stresses common to other injection molding processes
- Can be built and mounted horizontally or vertically
- Capable of cleaning up to 2000 cfm of air per module at a pressure drop of 2"–5" w.c.
- Filters have a dirt removal efficiency of 98% for particles 15 microns (µ) and larger, and 93% for particles 8µ and larger
- Water removal efficiency of the module is 90%
- Pressure drop of 1.1 inches of water at an air flow of 1000 cfm.
Cotton seed filters are designed to prevent coils and fins from clogging due to cotton seeds, dandelion seeds, and other types of floating debris, reducing maintenance costs from coil cleaning, and helping prevent compressor failure due to frozen coils. The filters will also help increase the efficiency of the compressors, keeping them running at engineered capacity.
Filters are best used in remote environments where natural debris is prevalent, and are not intended to be used for dust.
- Reduces/eliminates the need for pressure washing
- Reduces/eliminates the need for chemical cleaners
- Helps prevent compressor failure caused by dirty coils
- Drastically reduces maintenance time, repairs, and downtime
- Pressure drop of less than 1/10” w.g. @ 600 fpm
Cotton seed filters are made from industrial grade vinyl mesh with a non-stick surface for ease of cleaning. Filters resist mold and mildew, and are UV resistant for long-life (up to 15 years in many cases).
Filters feature either standard bolts or strong, quick release toggle fasteners with reinforced binding for easy maintenance while resisting heavy winds without tearing. The filters can be cleaned with a broom or brush instead of a powerwasher, reducing tools needed for maintenance on remote sites, and potentially eliminating the need for removal of the screens.
Specially engineered to help prevent intrusion from:
- Cottonwood seed
- Pine needles
- Paper & wrappers
- Birds & feathers
- Construction debris
- Other airborne debris