Available in standard wire element and finned tube
Standard Wire Element
- Open coil elements constructed using Nikrothal NXT wire, a combination of specialized alloys that has performance that equals or surpasses N60, and is far superior when compared to N40.
- 0.375” diameter consistent pitch windings and a rounded coil return.
- Double plane steatite insulators and point suspension techniques allow full coil exposure to the airflow.
- Anti-rotation insulating terminators ensure a sturdy and electrically sound connection.
- Thermostats are pre-installed on the heating elements and are easily adjustable from 175°–215°F (79°–101°C), set to switch open on temperature rise.
- Sag-resistant heating elements are suspended on steel brackets to maximize air flow and decrease static pressure through the elements thereby increasing unit efficiency when compared to other types of mounts.
Finned-tube heat offers some advantages over standard wire element heat, and is required in some applications.
- Minimized risk of fire and/or electrical shock
- Longer service life
- Lower operating temperatures
- Less overall required maintenance
- Steel fins are spirally wound over the heating element and then metallurgically bonded by furnace brazing
Explosion Proof Heat
Specific Systems® explosion proof heaters for hazardous environments.
Explosion proof heating elements designed for use in an area containing potentially explosive substances, such as petrochemical facilities, paper mills, and sewage treatment plants, in an ambient temperature range from -40°F (-40°C) to 104°F (40°C).
- Explosion proof heaters are CSA and C/US approved for Class I, Division 1 & 2, Group C&D; Class II, Division 1 & 2, Groups E, F, & G hazardous areas.
- T3B (165°C) temperature code with minimum airflow as indicated per order.
- Constructed of extruded copper-free aluminum.
- Explosion proof terminal housing containing element terminations and terminal blocks for field wiring of power supply and thermocouple leads.
- Uses electroless nickel-plated, finned tubular carbon steel, and include one stainless steel sheath for connection to certified high limit controller(s) in the control panel.
For customers with onsite steam availability, we also offer steam heat as an option in our systems.